Home Care Program
The Prairie Mountain Health Home Care Program is a community-based program that provides home support to individuals, regardless of age, who require health services or assistance with activities of daily living. Home Care works with individuals and provides assistance to help them stay in their homes for as long as is safely possible.
For more information on the Home Care Program
Contact Number: 204-747-1822
Home Care Services
Based on the assessment completed by the Case Coordinator, the following Home Care services may be available.:
- Assessment and Care Planning for Home Care services, including Palliative Care, and/or Personal Care Home Placement, including Supportive Housing.
- Case Management/ Case Coordination
- Assistance with Personal Care and Activities of Daily Living
- Nursing Care - ie treatments, dressing, etc
- Respite Care - to relieve primary caregivers through in home respite or respite in a designated bed in facility.
- Adult Day Program - a structured community based program providing social stimulation to individuals and respite to caregivers.
- Therapy Services - assessment in client's home by physiotherapist or occupational therapist.
- Equipment/Medical Supplies - to support the provision of care at home
- Home Oxygen Program - the provision of oxygen concentrators and professional follow up for eligible individuals who require continuous oxygen.
- Supportive Housing - provides access to 24-hour support and supervision within a group setting for frail and/or cognitively impaired persons who can no longer safely manage in the community with the support of family and the Home Care programs but are not yet ready for Personal Care Home placement.
The Handi Van is wheelchair accessible.
Contact Wayne Wilson at 204-522-5732
Normal operating hours Monday to Friday: 9 am to 5 pm.
Cost: 0-66c per kilometer and $6-00 per passenger
For after hour and weekend bookings, the following rates apply:
0-66c per kilometer
$6-00 per passenger
$15-00 per hour
4 x 1 bedroom flats
18 x 1 bedroom flats
2 x 3 bedroom flats
Utilities included in rent
103 Kellett St. S
109 Kellett St. S